Monday, September 28, 2009

Abstract & Conflict :)


Recently;

We have learned about colors and techniques to transform them into other colors. We applied this
in an abstract painting we did, but to make it different we decided to add conflict. Conflict as we learned, is when there is a contrast in the painting, whether it's opposite colors, or completely different shapes, and even texture. In my painting, I decided to do straight, and smooth lines that are tints and shades, and even mixtures of the colors blue, light blue, light green, yellow and a little bit of red (to make purple).
This kind of artwork reminds me of a story. While I was painting this I thought about how stories run smoothly, which is why I represented the smoothness and flow of a storybook through my lines. But then every story, (or every GOOD story) must have a conflict. Which is what represents the orange "infinity sign" and the orange circles. I did this because you always expect a story (in this case, a painting) to have a similar theme throughout the canvas, and even though we were assigned to do conflict I still felt the need to add it in. Because having an abstract painting without conflict, for me is like a storybook with no problem and also no happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you should comment meeee (: so then you're cool